Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Grocery Shopping

This week Brianne decided to do our grocery shopping. So we made a list, she walked to the store, did the shopping then we picked her up! Now that was a fast way to get our grocery shopping done!

I distinctly remember the first time I went grocery shopping for my Mom. We lived in a small town, 20 minutes from London so it was shortly after I got my driver's license. I got to take the car and drive on my own to London and purchase the groceries for the household. What a sense of freedom and accomplishment that was. There was also a certain level of pride that my Mom trusted me to buy the proper brands and pick out the fresh fruit and veggies. I remember thinking why didn't Mom want to do the shopping herself, it was fun!

Brianne came home from shopping thrilled to have been trusted to do it and excited to show us what she bought and the deals she found. She couldn't wait to go again.

Now I understand why my Mom didn't want to do the grocery shopping herself!

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Way to go Brianne
One less job for Mom
After so many years want to get my groceries for me again Rosanne
I get sick of the job!