Monday, September 03, 2007

Everything's Coming Up Roses

Ok, I thought I could get away with one post on Butchart Gardens but I can't. Its been two full days since I've been there and I'm still in awe of the beauty nature with a taming hand can create!

And I'm love with roses and I think Steve is too!!! Look at all the rose pics he took(and of course he's married to me!).



The rose garden was surrounded by large rose bushes with pink blooms alternating with blue delphinium, quite a striking contrast.

And a special mention of a couple of roses I was really impressed with.

The first is a new 2007 grandiflora called Strike It Rich. I love the pinky-red edges and its fragrance.



And the second is a rose standard that has been there for a long time, look at the size of the cane!

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Your pictures of the gardens and the roses are very good.
Looks like a fabulous place to visit.
Strike it rich rose is beautiful, can see why you fell in love with it , nice to use has your title pic. Would
love to see Butchart .