Friday, September 07, 2007

First Day of our BC Trip

The first full day of our trip was my birthday! Yes, I'm 39 again!

For my birthday we had a lovely lunch at Gray Monk Winery in their Grapevine Restaurant.

We loved that we sat out on deck overlooking the vineyards and Lake Okanagan. Although it had been overcast in the morning by the time we had lunch it was beautifully sunny. Brianne and I had gnocchi, Steve had salmon and Britt had the pickers lunch. The pickers lunch included crusty artisan bread with herb garlic spread, lettuce, tomato, smoked ham, and emmental cheese and was served with a cup of the soup of the day. It was all really good. Britt and I then had Berries Romanoff for dessert. The blackberries were huge and juicy! Brianne, chocoholic that she is, had a lovely light chocolate cake. Of course Steve and I had wine and we were all introduced to a Sparkling Flavoured Water called Okanagan Essence. It comes in several fruit flavours and the pear is delicious.

While we toured more wineries(I'll describe them in another post), the girls got to try several flavours of the Okanagan Essence.

After our day of touring when we returned to the hotel, I found a basket of goodies had been delivered to our room for my birthday. It was from my sister Sherry and included tastes of BC. Some of the items it contained were a bottle of wine, wine jelly and jams as well as Rogers chocolate covered cherries! It was all yummy and we ate several of the items throughout our trip! It was a wonderful start to our vacation!

1 comment: