Sunday, December 16, 2007

Favourite Family Recipe

Well on this stormy,blustery day I'm continuing Christmas preparations,extra cleaning and laundry as well as making the potatoes so I don't have to do them next weekend.

I also made our favourite Christmas treat, Coconut Peaks. My Mom has made these for as long as I remember, she got the recipe from her Mom. And my girls love them, it wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't make them. Here they are all lined up while the chocolate hardens.




And here's the recipe:

2 cups icing sugar, sifted
1/4 cup cream(I use milk)
3 cups flaked coconut
1/4 cup butter
3-4 oz. chipits
2 T shortening

Heat butter, stir in sugar, cream and coconut. Cool, shape into peaks, place on waxed paper, refrigerate. Melt together chocolate and shortening. Dip bottoms of peaks in chocolate or drizzle over tops. Refrigerate until set.


And a few pics from outside our home today.

Looks like Christmas!



And the snow piled up on our BBQ just ouside our back door!(yes we do BBQ year round, but won't be today!)

4 comments:

Jannett said...

these look really good...I will have to try them... :)

Jannett said...

these look really good...I will have to try them... :)

Rosemary said...

wow you have lots of snow too looks like a white Christmas for sure
nice pic of the peaks
sounds like you are very busy this weekend

Rosanne said...

Hendria, I'm sure you'll love them, let me know if try them!