Sunday, March 30, 2008

Learning To Crochet



A few weeks ago I decided I'd like to branch out into more crafts than just scrapbooking( I still love scrapbooking, I'm just kind of a crafty person!). Then I was in a local craft store that carries scrapbooking and yarn supplies, and found a gorgeous pattern for a pretty crocheted scarf. I know how to knit and have heard that crocheting isn't hard to learn. As the sales staff did assure me that crocheting is indeed easy, I bought the yarn and 2 crochet hooks. Last weekend, I asked my Mom to show me how to crochet. She showed me how to chain, double crochet and make a scallop, all the techniques used in the scarf. It wasn't quite as easy as I thought, getting the hang of how to hold the hook and yarn is the trick I think. Last night I thought I'd better get going on the scarf before I forget what I learned. And, I have the first row of the scarf done, 203 chains. I only ripped it out once!


4 comments:

Babydoll said...

You are a brave woman!! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Rosemary said...

chain looks good
keep going!

Ally Jay said...

Well done you. I only learnt to Crochet about two years ago but haven't actually made anything yet. Love the wool. Think I have something very similar.

Jannett said...

that is so cool...it is not hard to do...I have all kinds of patterns ..if you are looking for something...let me know... I do not know if you saw my post for the hippo's..I put up for Mallow...
http://canadianbakertoo.blogspot.com/search/label/Crochet

here is pietown(mallow)
http://pietownpress.blogspot.com/search/label/crochet

Happy crocheting.