Thursday, October 16, 2008

With Heartfelt Thanks



I am particularly proud of this card. Following Kazan's sketch at 2S4U, I used paper I received in a RAK some time ago, along with some trims my grandmother recently gave me. Then I used the Ranger crackle paint on the chipboard flower, love how that turned out, along with some machine sewing.



This week I am dedicating this card to my Mom and Grandmother who both instilled in me a love of crafting and creating.

A childhood memory of my Mom is the spring and summers my Mom started all her flowers from seed, taking joy in the process of planting them and nurturing them through the summer. She has always encouraged my attempts at gardening although I am not nearly the green thumb she is. She has created and continues to create wonderful flower arrangements.She also worked with ceramics for a time, as well as crocheted and knit. She taught me to knit and more recently crochet(but the scarf isn't done yet Mom!)and always encourages me in all my interests, including blogging.

My Grandmother has always been crafty(giggle), making all sorts of interesting things. She helped me make balloon curtains(it was the early 90's afterall) for the first house Steve and I bought. She is an excellent seamstress and has made me dresses long and short, a skating outfit and many other items that I still have and treasure. And more recently aprons too!But her claim to fame is her love of quilting. She has created many quilts of which I have a few, as does my Mom, my Aunt, my sister and all her other grandchildren.

So this card is for you Mom and Grandma, thanks so much for passing on to me the love of creating and crafting!

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

thank you for the nice comments, lovely card as usual

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, so well made and beautifully put together. I love the dedication to your Mom and Grandma too...that was extra special to read.

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Rosanne - love the loopy ribbon at the bottom and I love reading your little stories...dedicating your card to your Mom and Grandma was extra special
Hugs
Kath
xxxx

**Nancy** said...

This is so pretty!! I love it! So very elegant!

Created With Paper said...

How nice to dedicate this to your Mother and Grandmother..it really is a beautiful card, I love the colours and the added details especially the stitching!

Eveline said...

The trim is beautiful. Great card.
Eveline.