Sunday, December 14, 2008

Marla's Maple Pork

My sister sent me this recipe a little while back. So while I was baking yesterday, I decided to give it a try. It's actually from a cookbook called Crazy Plates, a cookbook of easy but healthy recipes.

This recipe doesn't disappoint. It's easy but tastes great! I'd definitely serve this to company too!

1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons each reduced sodium soy sauce and ketchup
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tsp. grated orange zest
1 1/2 tsp each curry powder and ground coriander
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced

Trim visible fat. Place pork in large, heavy duty resealable plastic bag. Whisk together all remaining ingredients. Pour over pork in bag. Seal bag and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Transfer pork and marinade to small roasting pan. Roast uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes. Pork should still be slightly pink in middle.
Let pork stand 10 minutes before slicing. Slice thinly. Drizzle extra sauce over pork and serve immediately.

Enjoy and let me know if you try this!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

I too will be trying this recipe.

Candy Bello said...

mmmmm....i have to try this!

:)
candy