Monday, June 29, 2009

Chicken Fettucine Alfredo



For dinner before her graduation, Brittany requested Fettucine Alfredo. Later she said she was kidding but I took her seriously and went browsing the internet until I found a recipe I liked. I first looked for light recipes, but while I'm sure they were good, the ones I found didn't really result in a true Alfredo sauce. So I decided if you're going to make Alfredo it would have to contain the butter and cream!

I found the recipe I made at MealsMatter.org. The recipe says it tastes the same as what you can get at Olive Garden........I'm not sure not having had it there, but this version is very good.

In place of the heavy cream, I used 5% cream which I think still provided the creaminess needed for Alfredo sauce. Then I added a bit of nutmeg too. I served the fettucine with caesar salad, another of Brittany's favourites, and everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy it.



Chicken Fettucine Alfredo

1/2 c. Butter

1-2 cloves Garlic, minced

1 pint Heavy cream

Pinch ground black pepper

3/4 c. Parmesan cheese

1 box Fettuccine pasta

1/2 lb Chicken, cooked, chunked

1. Melt butter in lg skillet over medium-low heat.

2. Add the garlic, cream, and pepper and bring mixture to a simmer. Turn heat down if it reaches a rapid boil. Add cheese and continue to simmer for 8 minutes or until thick and cheese melted, stirring constantly.

3. While sauce cooks, cook fettuccine per package instructions.

4. Cook chicken chunks marinated in your favorite spices/sauces on a grill or in skillet.

5. Pour alfredo sauce onto noodles to absorb sauce. Top with chicken and fresh grated parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Elli said...

MMM...Super!
Thanks!:)))