Sunday, August 30, 2009

Another Busy but Fun Weekend!

Whew, its Sunday night and back to work tomorrow after we had another busy but fun weekend.

Brittany and I visited my Grandma on Friday and we went to lunch at a restaurant called Katana Kafe near the London airport. The lunch was delicious and I tried sweet potato fries for the first time, they were yummy! We also watched the private planes land and take off while we ate. Brittany was amused with the fact that the runways were identified with the letters 'GAG' right outside the restaurant. We then visited a couple of stamping stores(yes, that means more new stamps!)and another eclectic store called The Birdies Nest that had great jewelry and more.

Then Saturday, I went to another House Mouse stamp class. I'll share my creations soon! They are sooo cute. Saturday evening Steve's brother and sister-in-law came over for drinks and we had a nice visit.

On Sunday, Brittany and I crossed another item off of her summer list. We went to the Metro Toronto Zoo (the third largest zoo in the world and the largest in Canada)with Charlene(a coworker and friend) and her son Josh. Its been awhile since I've been to the zoo and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The weather was pleasantly cool so all the animals were outside and we saw several at close range. At one point I tried to convince Josh that we were going to enter the African "Envirosphere" and it would be a duplicate of weather in Africa but he didn't buy it. Can't blame me for trying, lol. I did get several great shots of various animals and Brittany and have shared some in the slide show below.




2 comments:

Rosemary said...

That is a very jam packed weekend. Sounds like fun.......

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...I love the zoo too!
Super shot of the butterfly.
Brenda in Kit