Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Little Red Wagon - Challenge 1

I am so excited to be participating in the very first challenge on our new blog, Little Red Wagon! Regan has challenged us to use packaging to create a card, layout or altered item.

I was a little intimidated by this challenge until I remembered I had some Prima flowers mounted on some kraft cardboard with swirls and leaves cut out.





I sorted through my scraps and found some paper and die cuts to match. I also found a coordinating Prima flower and felt heart. I inked all the edges of the papers and card in Brushed Corduroy Distress ink then layered on the paper and die cut tag. I popped up the sentiment on foam dots then added the heart and flower. I finished it off with three dots of Cinnamon Stickles on the flowers at the edge of the tag.

We'd love for you to play along, so visit Little Red Wagon and link up your creation!

12 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh Rosanne, it is gorgeous!

I actually had this packaging out and ended up going with the jillibean... great minds think alike!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Nice job Rosanne. I don't thing I will ever through the packaging away again.

Tracey said...

Love your card Rosanne! Very pretty!!

Karan said...

I love that packaging ....your card has such a recycled look to it, meaning....its enviro friendly...i think its the kraft part of the packaging..great job Rosanne!

Avril Tanner said...

Oh.. this card is gorgeous and turned out really cool... I love that packaging used! Great Job Rosanne!

Rosemary said...

Love your packaging card. Was quite the challenge. Now I will have to start saving packaging.

Joanne said...

Oh my! This is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Now we need another shelf for recyled scrapping stuff.......oh, no...renovation time!!
Great idea though...some of the packagaing, not just from scrapping...I am thinking the little designer bags from some boutiques are really nice.
Brenda in Kit

Unknown said...

Oh Rosanne! This is absolutely beautiful!!

(-: Heidi

Rosanne said...

You're right Brenda, covering and recycling some of the bags we get a various stores is a great idea....stay tuned for my challenge next week!

Regan said...

wow...great card Roseanne

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! j