Sunday, May 09, 2010

On This Mother's Day....


....I thought I'd share a bit of what I've learned over the years(and much of this from my own mother) with my daughters, after all they made me a mother.

Always be you, no one else is more qualified.
Never stop learning,read often.
Don't be afraid of making mistakes. Learn from them and let them go.
If you have the change, spare some. If not spare some of your time.
Take care of yourself.
Family is a necessity in life,treat them gently.
Always trust your gut.
Don't spend time with people who bring you down.
Don't text or talk on your cell phone while you drive.
Remember your roots
Do save for a rainy day.
Tell those you love that you love them.
Eat one chocolate a day.
Try not to be overly judgemental(you never really know another person's situation).
Take time weekly for a hobby you love.
Exercise regularly.
Do what you say you'll do, follow through on commitments.
Keep in touch with friends from every phase of your life.
Celebrate often.
Play music you love.
Travel.
Love yourself.

A very happy Mother's Day to my Mother, Grandmother, Aunt and Sister and all the other Mom's reading this blog.


5 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Love the blog. I am very inspired by you. I am now following.

I am not a "big time" crafter, well...I mean I guess I'm a "little time" crafter, but I write...come check me out if you get the chance.

www.lifeasanewmrs.blogspot.com

Rosemary said...

Lovely thoughts Happy Mothers Day to you.

Jeannie said...

this is wonderful Rosanne! Happy Mothers Day to you. j

Deb Neerman said...

Love these! It's good to be reminded how much we have to be thankful for ... and reminded to express our gratitude!

Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a happy Mother's day!

Kathryn