Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shortbread Surprises



Brenda surprised me with these shortbread surprises!

And they are yummy! She conveniently included the recipe so I can share it with you.

1 cup flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 T. instant coffee granules
pinch salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Combine all dry ingredients well. Cream butter and vanilla. Add dry ingredients in batches. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour. Roll into 1" balls and place 1 1/2" apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Flatten in a criss-cross with fork and bake at 300F for 20-25 minutes. Cool and enjoy!

Thanks Brenda!


4 comments:

pinkglitterfae said...

I love shortbread, and I love coffee. This sounds like a marriage made in heaven :-)
Happy Holidays!

Rosemary said...

These do look good......

Jannett said...

These sound very tasty... :)
Happy Holidays...

Joanne said...

Oh my! They look wonderful!
Joanne xo