Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yummy Spring Broccoli Salad

Helloo all! I'm going to try to get back in the habit of blogging more regularly, I've definitely been in a slump lately.

Today I'm sharing a yummy salad recipe I first had at Memories Manor in March then I made it for Easter dinner.




And it's so easy too, enjoy!


12 slices bacon
2 heads fresh broccoli, florets only
1 C chopped celery
½ C chopped green onions
1 C seedless green grapes
1 C seedless red grapes
½ C candied cashews
1 C mayonnaise
2 T white wine vinegar
¼ C white sugar

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. In a large salad bowl, toss together the bacon, broccoli, celery, green onions, green grapes, red grapes, and cashews. Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve



5 comments:

Deanna said...

This sounds yummy!

Rosemary said...

Having had this salad twice can attest it is excellent ...... thanks for posting the recipe cause I will be making it over the summer....

Jeannie said...

Yummy! It was delish! Yours look really good too!

Jannett said...

what a great idea adding the grapes...will be trying this one..thanks for sharing

Joanne said...

My mouth is watering just looking at the photo! I will definitely be trying this one!
Joanne xo