Monday, June 04, 2012

Kabobs for a Card Party

Last weekend we hosted a Shanghai Rummy card party at our place for which I debated on what kind of evening snacks to serve.

Finally I decided on three types of kabobs as found on Pinterest. The photos below are not mine but taken from Pinterest.

The first are some fruit kabobs, simply skewer fruit of your choice and voila!


I liked serving them so that the same type of fruit is all lined up as shown.

Next is a tortellini kabob, with recipe from Betty Crocker.


Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

24 uncooked refrigerated or dried cheese-filled spinach tortellini
1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
12 small whole mushrooms
12 small cherry tomatoes
12 bamboo skewers (6 inch) or rosemary sprigs
Lettuce leaves, if desired

Directions

1 Cook and drain tortellini as directed on package. Cool 15 minutes.
2 Place dressing in shallow dish. Stir in tortellini, mushrooms and tomatoes. Cover; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, stirring once to coat.
3 Drain tortellini mixture. On each skewer, thread tortellini, mushrooms and tomatoes alternately. (For rosemary sprigs, use your fingers to remove all but the top leaves; thread ingredients from the bottom.) Serve on bed of lettuce leaves.

And finally antipasti kabobs, for which there was no recipe,so I just followed the photo.


I used hungarian salami and tuscan ham cut in half then folded and skewered, along with cherry tomatoes, bocconcini,halved and two types of olives. And while I liked all the kabobs, I think these were my favourite.

And all of these are easily prepared in advance too.

I think I'll definitely serve them again.


4 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

oh... they all look very tasty!!!

Rosemary said...

Yummy treats

Jeannie said...

they look delish!

Deanna said...

Wow, very kewl!