Monday, March 25, 2013

Trip of a Lifetime to French Polynesia


Last month DH and I were able to take a trip of a lifetime to French Polynesia. Although expensive, this year we are celebrating a significant anniversary and as we have talked for years of going to Tahiti, we decided to do it! Fortunately we were joined by friends Kathryn and Dave as well as my sister and brother-in-law, Sherry and Willie.

Of course,I have a ton of photos and I haven't seen the ones our travelling companions took yet!

So I thought I'd start my posts on this trip by sharing some of my favourites.


These first two are from the high mountainous hills on BoraBora. The colours of the water are absolutely breathtaking! Nature is so beautiful!






Then you know how much I love flowers and as we walked through a wonderful market on Raiatea, we saw these gorgeous tropical arrangements for $10. The bird of paradise grows wild there! We were close to the ship so Steve went back and asked if we could bring them on board and we could! And so he bought them for me Valentines Day! As they were still so fresh at the end of the cruise, we gave them to some of the waitresses that we got to know on the cruise, they were thrilled too!



Here's my sister and I at the beginning of the trip on our tour of Tahiti.



This lighthouse at Point Venus on Tahiti marks the historic landing site of many famous explorers such as Captain Cook and Captain William Bligh.



Onboard the Ocean Princess.




Some beautiful hibiscus.



More to come soon.

5 comments:

JanR said...

Yes, more please. That way I can live vicariously through you. :-)

Avril Tanner said...

Looks like an amazing Trip! As usual I wish I could be inside your luggage when you go anywhere!

Rosemary said...


What a wonderful locale. Love the tropical flowers....

Jeannie said...

Wow ... those pictures of the views look like postcards. I really like the picture of you on the ship. Waiting for more pictures.

Deanna said...

WOW, lucky you!