Monday, August 12, 2013

A Vintage Ladder

At a antique show in the spring I purchased a vintage ladder to display/hold afghans.

Once I got it home, there was only one place to put it and as you can see below, it really needs something more:


So I decided to make a banner to dress it up a bit:


Much better I think.  And some closer views of the banner:


I made it using bits of things I already had including Memory Makers rub-on letters I have had for years.


And some closer views


The colour is a bit washed out here,  it's really more tan in colour.


I am linking this up to Tweak It Tuesday #51 over at Cozy Little House.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

JanR said...

What a lovely banner! I especially love how it's a banner with a tiny banner on it - that's way cool!

Sharon said...

Oooooo so pretty! Love the wooden pieces especially!

Avril Tanner said...

so perfect!

Rosemary said...

Banner has finished the look you were going for. So pretty with all the touches from the lace to the wooden bits to the letters.

Deanna said...

Great ladder and the banner is beautiful!